Skip to content
1. This sect was founded by Makkhali Gosala (Friend of Mahavira before he attained Kaivalya).
2. His followers combined his teachings with Purana Kasyapa and Pakhuda Katyayana to form Ajivika sect.
3. Bindusara patronised this sect. Ashoka and Dasrath built them viharas.
4. Ajivikas were also known as Sundra Sanyasins and their philosophy was based in Niyati
5. Niyati means destiny i.e. everything in the world is predetermined.
6. They denied the theory of Karma and believed in human efforts.
7. They practised complete nudity.