1. The Hartog Committee was set up to report on the development of education.
2. An increase in the number of schools and colleges had led to deterioration of education standards.
|The main recommendations of the commission include|
1. Emphasis should be given to primary education but there need be no hasty expansion or compulsion in education.
2. Only deserving students should go in for high school and intermediate stage, while average students should be diverted to vocational courses after VIII standard.
3. For improvements in standards of university education, admissions should be restricted.