Skip to content
Second Anglo Mysore War
1. The Marathas attacked Mysore in 1771. But the British refused to honour the Treaty of Madras and did not give support to Hyder Ali.
2. Haider Ali declared war against the British and captured Arcot.
3. The arrival of Sir Eyre Coote reversed the result and Haider Ali was defeated. However his son Tipu Sultan continued the struggle.
4. At this stage the French Came to his assistance and finally the Treaty of Mangalore, 1784 was signed between Tipu Sultan and the British.
5. Treaty of Mangalore was again a defensive and offensive alliance.