Central Statistics Office:
The Central Statistics Office (CSO) is a governmental agency in India under the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation responsible for coordination of statistical activities in India, and evolving and maintaining statistical standards.
The CSO is located in Delhi.
Its activities include:
1. National Income Accounting
2. Conduct of Annual Survey of Industries
3. Economic Censuses and its follow up surveys
4. Compilation of Index of Industrial Production
5. Consumer Price Indices for Urban Non-Manual Employees,
6. Human Development Statistics, Gender Statistics,
7. Five Year Plan work relating to Development of Statistics in the States and Union Territories
Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade
The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) is a central government department under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry in India.
1. New Industrial Policy: It is currently working to frame a new industrial policy, to be the third such policy in India since its independence in 1947
2. India Investment Grid: The department has created an online portal called the India Investment Grid (IIG), an interactive investment portal providing details of sectors, states and projects in which domestic and foreign investors may sink in capital, in association with Invest India, India’s national investment and facilitation agency.
3. Boosting Startup growth: The department is the nodal body for the Startup India initiative, which aims to make India a hub for startups.
4. Framing E-Commerce Rules
5. Intellectual Property Rights: DPIIT is also responsible for intellectual property rights relating to patents, designs, trademarks, copyrights, and geographical indication of goods, and oversees the initiative relating to their promotion and protection.
6. DPIIT is the nodal Department in Government of India for coordinating and implementing programmes with the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) in India.
7. The Department also coordinates with apex Industry Associations such as Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry, Confederation of Indian Industry, ASSOCHAM in their activities relating to promotion of industrial cooperation and to stimulate FDI into India.
Under Ministry of Labour and Employment
Labour Bureau is responsible for the collation, collection and publication of statistics and related information on wages, earnings, productivity, absenteeism, labour turn-over, industrial relations, working and living conditions and evaluation of working of various labour enactments etc
It is a storehouse of important economic indicators like
1. Consumer Price Index Numbers for Industrial, Agricultural and Rural Labourers;
2. wage rate indices and data on industrial relations,
3. socio-economic conditions in the organized and unorganised sector of industry
National Technical Manpower Information System (India)
1. National Technical Manpower Information Systems (NTMIS) is a scheme of the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India in 1983 to provide up-to-date and meaningful manpower information on a continuing basis to enable the concerned authorities to anticipate areas of growth in the field of science and technology and consequently plan for technical manpower development on a scientific basis.
2. This scheme is funded by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
3. Its Lead Centre is at the Institute of Applied Manpower Research(IAMR)