1. The Mushrooms found on the foothills of the Himalayas.
2. Guchhi mushroom is a species of fungus in the family Morchellaceae of the Ascomycota.
3. The mushrooms cannot be cultivated commercially and grow in conifer forests across temperate regions, and the foothills in Himachal Pradesh, Uttaranchal, and Jammu and Kashmir.
4. Apart from its flavour, guchhi also owes its high price to the challenges in cultivation. And it takes months for villagers to collect enough of these mushrooms, dry them and bring them to the market.
5. Health Benefits: They are rich in Potassium, Vitamins, Copper, Vitamin D and are rich antioxidants.
6. Gucchi is known to be one of the most expensive mushrooms, with only 500 gm of it costing up to Rs 18,000